Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Drought Continues



Here in NC, after a deficit of 3 inches of rain it's called a drought. Well, 3 inches in one month; eight inches for the year. Not quite what I'm use to, but I'll go with it. Anyway, we've managed to keep the flower bed going. This is the side bed. That rose bush is the one that's gotten some "publicity" in the past. It was pretty bleak when we first arrived. But it has managed to hang in there and produce some pretty nice blossoms. The other one that we transplanted is budding and hopefully will bloom soon.

Ain't life grand! :)

3 comments:

the blackwells said...

Looks good. E and I planted a few things over the early May holiday and most of it is doing well. I had 2 clematis (climbers) that kept getting knocked over by the winds we have here and I noticed this morning that they've both snapped at the base and are dead. Bummer!

Norm said...

We thought about putting in one of those on our mailbox post. There are several in the neighborhood. But they tend to get a little unruly. Sorry to hear about yours though. Oh, by the way, I did read where the "old" Blogger is indeed dead!!!

shirley said...

Hi guys! Glad you switched to a new site where the "non-members" could comment too.
Your flowers look great. We have clematis growing over our mailbox. It is really pretty when it blooms, but it is also covering the nearby shrub. Yes it does have a mind of its own!